1. Located at 9350 University or on the SW corner of 156th and University. Waukee is on the North side of the street and West Des Moines is on the South Side.
2. Jambalaya opened on December 6th, 2011.
3. The menu is exactly the same as Jethro’s BBQ, with Cajun specialties added….including, BBQ Shrimp, Blackened Mahi, Shrimp Etouffe, Crispy Fried Alligator, Jambalaya, seafood gumbo and seafood pasta. Many of these recipes come from Splash Seafood.
4. You may order Shrimp 10 different ways…. all the same sauces we use on our wings, plus some new Cajun Creations from Chef Dom…
5. The restaurant seats 280. There is a private party room seats up to 100. Karaoke sounds fun. The patio seats 100.
6. Steaks are not served at Jambalaya. Steaks will only be available at Jethro ‘n Jake’s Smokehouse Steaks in Altoona.
7. We hired 120 new employees at Jambalaya. Including 11 managers, 60 servers, 15 hostesses and 40 kitchen staff.
8. Jambalaya has 8,000 square feet. It is as big as Jethro’s and Jethro ‘n Jake’s Smokehouse Steaks combined.
9. New sides dishes include candied mashed sweet potatoes, green beans and bacon, and red beans and rice.
10. There are 25 big screen high definition TV’s with 15 different satellites, we can watch every game being played in the country at one time. Jethro’s Jambalaya “Your Waukee neighborhood Sports Bar”